World Hemp Village
Intiative Chanvre's formal inaugural meeting will be during World Hemp Village, a part of the Global Village of Alternatives coordinated by Alternatiba, a grass-roots movement which carries out a wide range of events in France and Europe in response to the urgency of climate change and the need for decisive actions and strong commitments among officials attending the more official COP21 summit in Paris.
Sharing and Promoting
The aim of The World Hemp Village is to showcase the collective knowledge of IC and its members, demonstrate solutions and share experiences of local hemp businesses and their role in the transition to a more sustainable world.
During the run of The Village, IC will gather members to:
• Catalogue current hemp industry projects among members. Identify a common bundle of required resources enabling hemp projects worldwide to sprout up by the thousands and to flourish quickly.
• Discuss IC communications, including message focus and the critical role of social media.
• Fine tune IC's targeted messages aimed at encouraging a global willingness to build with hemp; to eat hemp food; and to exploit hemp for its other myriad uses, including textiles, bio composites, bio-medicines and construction along with the development of seed strains and the seed market.
• Further develop concepts for IC's main communications platform with particular emphasis on creating open-source, collaborative tools that will help in the expansion of the movement.
• Discuss local hemp economic models in the context of Community Supported Agriculture (CSA).
• Further develop IC's strategy for its "10/100/1000" project aimed at multiplying local hemp businesses exponentially worldwide.
Alternatiba, initiated in France, has the two main objectives of mobilizing people through consciousness raising, and responding to the urgency to limit global warming to below +2°C. Alternatiba is member of Coalition 21 Climat.