COP 21 is over, The Paris Agreement is now to be signed by 196 states. Some think it is a great success and an historic step, and others see the continuing inability of our rulers to have strong and restrictive measures in order to fight climate change. I won’t comment here.
For Alternatiba Movement, the Village Mondial des Alternatives has been a very great success: 28,000 visitors were attending the event, more details
For us at World Hemp Quarter, it has also been successful. Everybody enjoyed the event, welcoming visitors, promoting hemp and its sponsors, showcased on 21 posters.
We distributed 3,000 flyers written in French and 3000 flyers written in English, both at WHQ and at the ZAC on the following week
All during the event, Merzouk caught videos that are now being edited into a film to promote Initiative Chanvre. We'll send out a link as soon as it is on line.
Our visitors have been amazed by hemp food, tasting held by Hanf &Natur chocolate, and by pancakes made with hemp flour from Ananda & Cie by Bénédicte and Kshoo, food and cosmetics samplings by Les Noces de Kna.
Hemp building has met also a great success, promoted both on the demonstration area Kerterre (demonstrating tiny hemp bubble house building) 3CM (spraying hempcrete and into the hall will a wide range of solutions :
- IHBA International Hemp Building Association that has been promoting hemp building uses and has been training hemp professionals and individuals for years, all around the world
- paints, mortars and lime by WolfJordan;
- earth and lime prefabricated blocs by Cannabric,
- Lime prefabricated blocs by Chanvra,
- hemp building design by MCub Architectes that have also design the school where WHQ took place,
- and the wide range of products for insulation by Technichanvre.
- Cannamoda of Germany presented hemp lingerie fashions.
Various global hemp projects were presented: :
-The HIA Hemp Industries Association actively promoting hemp in the USA for more than 20 years
-Hemp Biz Journal, a new business minded magazine from the USA.
-ExpoCannabis in Uruguay, South America main event that promote the versatility of hemp
-Hampanatet from Sweden, already marketing hemp insulation products, while networking for a Swedish hemp revival
- TGAV “To Grow A Village,” an emerging project in Poland, that aims to launch its IC shaped local hemp value chain,
Related to our future, hemp is a part of the global solution for Transition, but we are also linked with our present and life and we, hemp passionates from IC, have been really touched by the urgent needs from our brothers and sisters. So we were really pleased to offer free space for:
- Nepal: SHIV project, lead by Dhiraj K.Shah, that aims to rebuild Nepal with hemp, starting with its village destroyed by 2015 earthquake. Dhiraj has already designed a local dedicated hemp house, and is now looking for partners and sponsors to scale up and develop his project.
- Morocco: Rif Mountain project, a collaboration between German architect and hemp entrepreneur Monika Brümmer, founder and owner of Granada-based Cannabric, a maker and researcher of hemp-building materials; and the Confederation of Associations of Senhaja of the Rif for Development (CASRD), led by Abdellatif Adebibe, president. The project aims to use available amounts of stem from traditionally grown cannabis to insulate vernacular houses and buildings, thus preventing deforestation while offering jobs in the Central Rif region. We were glad and honoured to welcome Monika and Abdellatif, who shared further information about the project in the Central High Rif.
This event wouldn’t have met its success without the friendly participation of both IHBA represented by Steve Allin and Kehrt Reyher of HempToday.net. Both of them have actively promoted and announced Initiative Chanvre and World Hemp Quarter in their own networks
And all this would not have been possible without the IC passionate team that have been preparing the event and welcoming visitors : Lydia, Charlotte, Bénédicte, Jean-Luc, John, Pierre, Kehrt, Steve, Wolf, Tuana, Petra, Christophe, Cyril, Kshoo (and his team), Guillaume, Merzouk, François, Monika, Vincent, Klaus Joseph, Adèle, Elodie, Quentin, Bastien. Many many thanks for them.
Thanks to your support, sponsors, volunteers and other enthusiasts, Initiative Chanvre is now on track and will be co-operating or promoting these important projects in 2016:
- Creating and energising its platform and community
- Hemp Building Best Practices by IHBA and Steve Allin
- DIY hemp Decorticator and Hemp Tour de France by Pierre Amadieu
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org